Those that have been following my shenanigans may have noticed that my view on reality has turned. Iâ€™ll abbreviate the conclusions here in 4 points, and leave explanations to some future post:
- We are â€œcoming fromâ€ the One, from unity; weâ€™re not going towards it
- Every being and thing, all moves towards greater diversity and complexity; the consequence for humans beings: weâ€™re becoming more and more individuated and unique, and different
- The prior unity shows up as participation; every being and thing participates in reality
- The â€˜newâ€™ spirituality of the 21st century is conscious, or rather lucid participation, meaning that one is aware of participating (rather than, for instance enacting a â€˜neutral observerâ€™ or witness-consciousness) with every movement, however transcendent that movement may beâ€¦
- So participation, in the way I’ve started to understand it, is an expression of the prior unity across all diversity, and it seems like itâ€™s basic process in living beings is one of receiving > transforming > giving.
When lucidly participating in reality it seems there is no more category that would tell you how to measure matters across any kind of good-bad spectrum or true-false gradient. All matters of concern, and even those of no concern to us, are rather constellated in patterns of participation. If a choice happens within that frame it is one of fitness, â€œHow well does this fit with what weâ€™re constellating here, the carpet I am weaving, the poem Iâ€™m writing, the arrangement that Iâ€™m in favor of? How well does this strengthen the constellationâ€™s connective sinews, their flexibility and strength to hold this together in the space I prefer?â€
There are really no rules in lucid participation; there are just patterns and constellations, which means that the usual moral canon doesn’t work. Theyâ€™re not adequate to this understanding. Â What is generative needs to be determined, if indeed it does, every moment afresh. What gives other beings and things greater degrees of freedom needs to be discovered anew every single time.