I took a distance from what I call ‘vertical spirituality’. If you want to know how and why then you will find reasons here in a short essay.
Actually I’ve had this coming for a long time as you can see from the article that I wrote originally in 2003 “Why God does not need a Throne“. And it does have consequences, of course. A friend, who recently visited, wrote, “It was also a lot of fun to be with you and the people of the Community. It’s beautiful to feel the changes time and again, and see that you guys nevertheless manage to use the chaos productively. Anyway, I think it is great that you let go of the vertical structures and guru-dom (even if this revolution comes from ‘above’ 😉 )”
Well, in my events and seminars things are not as chaotic as S. writes about the community’s development even though the vertical structures are disappearing more and more.
I call the direction in which I see us moving cooperative spirituality. All of this leads me to tell you what I have found useful these last weeks:
- After waking up in the morning I remember the many fields and dimensions in which I am embedded ( body, family, friends, neighbourhood, country, continent, planet, galaxis, flexiverse… and the subtle dimensions as well: the aura, fields and energies between us, the dimensions of the predecessors and disincarnate entities, the very subtle fields, the realm of archetypes and godheads, the nothingness and fullness: the whole unspeakable mystery…)
- Remembering that we ourselves are the highest authority – this is our reality, our life, our destiny, our development and opportunity…
- Remembering that reality always also is a co-production between me, the ones I’m with and all I am embedded in.
- Remembering my heart’s resolution: May the fullness and richness of all fields and dimensions be with me and all living beings.
- If I feel like it : sing, dance and express in any way what bubbles up from deep within.
- And then I let go of it all and move to do what’s next …
This is just a trial run of a new ‘morning exercise’ – and I would like it very much if you would use some similar process and tell about it, for instance in this weblog.
Much Love ,
PS.: Short remark re. “Silence & Celebration” from August 24th ’till 27th: We will also be silent outside the group-room (There will only be a very short possibility each day to confront burning questions).